This workshop focuses on your legal obligations of employing staff and family members, including the awards, leave entitlements, overseas workers, termination, enterprise agreements and record keeping. At the end of this workshop you will have the knowledge and understanding to meet your employment obligations.
The workshop is specifically designed for farm business owners wanting to better understand their legal obligations when employing people.
Topic covered include:
• Employment law
• Employment contracts
• Independent contracting – the basics
• Awards and the National Employment Standards
• Understanding the Pastoral Award
• Individual Flexibility Agreements and Enterprise Agreements
• Termination of employment
• Record keeping requirements
Those responsible for administration such as contracts, record keeping, wages etc, for employees should also attend. Have your questions answered and ensure you are not putting your business at risk.